Friday 29 July 2016

How does snacking = glowing skin?

Snacks. Such a precious word, isn't it?

But how it can be that snacks can lead us to healthy and glowing skin?




Well, eating healthy snacks is the key. But healthy snacks? what is it? Today I'll share my favorites healthy snacks and how to make them! Soooo let's begging, shall we?


Chia seeds.
Why? Because it's very versatile products, also these seeds are sooooo beneficial! As Pinterest says "chia contains five(!) times for calcium than milk, seven times more vitamin C than oranges, three times more iron than spinach, twice the potassium content of banana and eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!" Do I need to say anymore?

But how to make chia snack? Chia puddings are the easiest and most versatile things to make! Here is my little example: I put 3 teaspoons of chia, soaked them in coconut water, added a teaspoon of honey and a small piece of peach! I left it overnight in the fridge and in the morning it was AMAZING! 





Fruits. 
Banana, watermelon, pineapple,apple,apricots,orange,mango,peach,kiwi, pomegranate etc. Why fruits? Because it's a natural way to get almost all of your needed vitamins and minerals while enjoying the natural sweet taste. 

How to eat? You can make kabobs,it's when you cut all of your fruits into small pieces and stack on wooden skewer OR you can just cut your fruits and put into the plate or bowl and eat while watching TV or writing a blog post like myself right now!

Veggies.
Another "WHY?". Because veggies has a lot of good stuff. I like to cut some carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery and eat them. I eat them alone or with some spices, salt and lemon juice, or if I have some hummus I'll it with it! 

Berries.
I think this time there is no "why?". Berries are FULL of good stuff such as antioxidants, vitamin C,K, E, iron, copper,magnesium,manganese etc. So if you can eat as many berries as you can! 

For snacking you can take handfull of any berries as you like and eat them with greek yogurt and some honey!

Nuts.
Nuts aren't just cake or cupcake decoration it's snack full of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Best for skin are almonds and walnuts, while cashews are very good for hair and nails health! AND  have you heard that peanuts can help with cramps???????? 

Just be careful, eating too much of nuts can be bad for digestion!

If you want more information about some of the most popular snacks here is what nuts.com says about Chia Seeds, Goji Berries, and Hazelnuts
(Press on each one of these to go to nuts.com where you can find more benefits, recipes and nutrition facts!)

Also more about snacking says this nuts.com graphic that they sent me!



Big thanks for Nuts.com for giving me this amazing idea to talk about healthy snacks that can help you to get glowing skin! 
What is your favorite healthy snack? How do you make it? Let me know in the comment bellow!

 Love,
 Barbora

No comments:

Post a Comment